Feedforward Control of Tank Temperature
Snapshot of the front panel of the simulator:
The system being simulated is a temperature control system based on
feedforward control in addition to feedback PID control from temperature
In all the task below, use feedback control (with PID controller) in
addition to feedforward control. It is assumed that the simulator runs as
you do the tasks.
- Tuning the PID controller:
Tune the PID controller using e.g. the Ziegler-Nichols'
- Feedforward control at setpoint
- Add a ramp to the temperature setpoint. What is the steady-state
control error with and without feedforward control?
- Use feedforward control. Adjust the setpoint manually (e.g. like a ramp),
which will give more or less randomly abrupt setpoint changes.
How does the control signal react as compared to a smoother setpoint
ramp, as in task no. a above?
- Feedforward control at disturbance
changes: Change the inflow temperature.
Is the control error be reduced by introdusing feedforward control?
Updated 20. January 2008.